- Preschool Programs At the Capital Area YMCA Preschool Center our philosophy and practices are based upon best practices in early childhood development. Our Classrooms reflect an active environment that allows children to make new discoveries and to mature at their own pace.
The Capital Area YMCA is developing plans to safely re-open Before, After and Full Day Programs this fall that are contingent upon school schedules. These programs may be on site at your school district or at a remote location, OR both. One thing is for sure, we are working to finalize these options so that we can better serve our families.
For families interested in these programs for the upcoming school year, please register your interest ASAP.
About the program
Parents can have peace of mind knowing that their children are in a safe and supervised environment during the school year. The Capital Area YMCA is the leading provider of child care programs and this is why:
- Academic support through daily help with schoolwork and homework
- Enrichment activities in science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM)
- New protocols and procedures in accordance with the latest directives from the CDC and state and local health departments
- Staff members are undergoing extensive training to prepare.
- Healthy snacks that meet USDA nutrition guidelines and align with YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity standards
- Indoor and outdoor play each day
- Social and Emotional Learning – Lessons that teach problem-solving, embrace diversity and build healthy relationships that will last well into adulthood
- Achievement program such as Bellxcel to help our children reach their potential
- Regular specialists and special events to enhance the daily program
- Continued care when schools are closed
Here are some necessary precautions we are taking to keep our children and staff safe:
- Masks: Anyone entering the facility will be required to wear a mask. Staff, parents and guardians will be required to wear face masks during all interactions with program participants and other staff.
- Gloves: Staff will be required to wear gloves whenever possible in accordance with CDC and licensing guidelines.
- Health Checks: All staff and children will be screened daily for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms prior to entry to the program facility each day. Children and staff with a temperature in excess of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or exhibiting other symptoms of COVID-19, shall not be allowed to enter the facility, nor will persons that have exposure to persons known to have COVID-19 during the preceding 14 days. Children’s temperatures will be monitored throughout the day.
Other safety protocols that will be followed:
- Sanitizing and disinfecting: Our center has created a schedule to clean multiple times daily in addition to on-demand cleaning with EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Hand washing: Staff members will wash their hands before handling any child’s bottles, cups or food. All staff members are also required to wash their hands each time they pick up a child. In addition, staff members will change their clothing if it becomes soiled. Children will practice frequent hand washing in accordance with CDC and licensing guidelines.
We thank you for being a member of our YMCA and for your patience during this time. We know that if we work together we’ll be able to keep our families and staff healthy and our facilities a safe environment for everyone.