Strengthening Communities for 160 Years
The Y is a diverse organization of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
Our members reach more than 21 million people spread across more than 2,600 Y associations nationwide. Since no two communities are exactly alike, no two Y’s are exactly alike. We bring men, women, and children – just like you together – and our shared commitment to our communities ensures the opportunities to learn, grow and thrive that we create for all are ones that endure.
While our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of our communities, every Y has one thing in common: our people. The volunteers, staff, members, and donors of the Y are all united by a deep commitment to strengthen our communities.
Get involved – we could use someone like you.
The Y is the Organization That…
- Has served the military and military families in every U.S. conflict since the Civil War.
- Inspired the formation of the USO, Peace Corps and Father’s Day.
- Met immigrants coming off the boats at Ellis Island to offer services and support in making a new life.
- Began the first night school and English as a Second Language courses.
- Invented group swimming lessons, basketball, volleyball and racquetball, and gave them to the community.
- Provides quality and affordable child care when women began joining the workforce in droves.
- Began values education at a time of social unrest.
- News The latest updates and information about the Capital Area YMCA and our support of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Our Focus The Capital Area YMCA is an organization with a long standing history in the Mercer County area and is committed to creating an environment that allows families and communities to grow together.
- Leadership Team Our staff is committed to nurturing the potential of our most valuable asset as a community, our children, promoting healthy living and fostering a strong sense of social responsibility.
- Board Of Directors Because of our dedicated board members, we will continue to build stronger programs, engage more volunteers and strengthen the connections of the communities we serve in Trenton, Ewing and Lawrence.
- Annual Report